UTAC thrives in a highly competitive environment that demands both operational excellence and innovation.
Our growth strategy, leadership strength, tech-savvy & competent employees, global manufacturing foot-prints and diversity are key towards making UTAC a successful international company in providing Test and Assembly services.
UTAC has a warm and dynamic work environment that engages employees and teams to be their best at all times. Ours is a collaborative work culture with focus on creative approaches to finding business solutions. We continue to challenge each individual towards a balanced and holistic business outcome.
As a growing company, we are committed to attract, develop and mobilize talents in each location we operate. UTAC takes pride in having a diverse workforce striving for common goals towards providing quality products and services to our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to making employment opportunities available to all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, culture, lifestyle or other differences. Our focus is to continue developing our existing talents and also acquire exceptional external talents who can embrace our culture, diversity and support our growth strategy.
Learning & Development
- UTAC provides Induction & Orientation training to ensure a smooth on-boarding process for all new hires joining its companies. The program is organized within the first month to provide an introduction of the respective sites, its business and other essential matters relating to their employment.
- Respective departments will also conduct orientation training that provides an overview of the departments’ structure, familiarization with people and also cover key processes.
- Given the strong need to ensure we produce quality products and services in the test and assembly industry, all new hires in operations/manufacturing also undergo a structured and comprehensive on-the-job training that may cover processes, equipment or other relevant areas. Employees undergo a certification process before they are authorized to perform on the job.
- In line with UTAC’s philosophy and values to develop its employees, all sites also provide annual training plans for its employees to develop their leadership, functional and technical capabilities. Based on business and individual’s development needs, opportunities are also given to employees to attend external training courses, conferences and seminars.
- As part of our initiative to build leadership competencies, UTAC Corporate also introduces customised and modular courses for its leaders and mangers. Corporate programs such as U-GROW course was launched to ensure its managers are equipped to lead and provide coaching and feedback to their teams.
- To foster a common approach in managing people, other standardized courses and workshops were introduced to enhance our leaders’ capabilities to engage, motivate and retain our employees.
Employee Communication & Engagement
- To effectively manage changes and business transitions, UTAC undertakes several Organization Development initiatives to communicate engage and align employees across its businesses.
- UTAC’s CEO, John Nelson conducts a Quarterly CEO Communication covering industry trends, UTAC’s business performance and future outlook. The session ends with a Question & Answer Session & Award Ceremony. The session is attended “live” by Managers based in Singapore while regions participate via video-conferencing.
- UTAC’s CEO & site GM’s also conduct small group communication sessions with their respective employees to engage them and share updates, address issues/concerns and even solicit ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Standardized U-PULSE Survey is conducted across its sites to measure employee engagement level and address employees areas of concerns and gaps in leadership.
Important Notice - Fraudulent Recruitment Offers
This is an important notice on fraudulent recruitment offers that have been made by individuals who are claiming to be acting on behalf of the UTAC Group.
There are incidents whereby certain individuals have falsely purported to provide job referral services on behalf of the UTAC Group. Such individuals would request a person to pay a sum of money as processing fees for the application of work permits. Please note that we do not authorize any individuals to provide job referral services on behalf of the UTAC Group. All recruitment activities are carried out by the UTAC Group’s Human Resource Department together with authorized recruitment agencies. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited recruitment offers from individuals or recruitment agencies whom you are unfamiliar with. Do not disclose your personal or financial details to individuals you do not know. If you receive such recruitment offers, we would advise you to contact your local police and provide them with all the information you may have received from such individuals or agencies (names, email addresses, phone/fax details, etc.)
If you have any queries or would like to verify the authenticity of the UTAC Group’s recruitment offers, please send it to USG1HR@utacgroup.com.