UTAC Design Centers comprise of experienced design engineers to provide one-stop design services for the full range of product offerings including: Leadless Packages, Wafer Level Packages, System in Package (SiP), Laminate Packages, Leaded Packages and Security Smart Card Module and Smart Card Inlay.
To complement our packaging solutions we have state of the art design and package characterization capabilities to help our customers achieve both performance and cost objectives.
Our engineering teams collaborate closely with customers to understand the performance requirements and utilize our proprietary calculators and design tools to accelerate the package design phase. Our engineers understand the importance of collaborating with the customer to fully understand their requirements and design it right the first time.
Once the design is approved, we use a proven project management methodology to facilitate the new product introduction, taking the product through a rigorous phase gate process to ensure first time qualification.
UTAC have a broad range of Design tools to ensure that we are able to co-design with our customers:
- Cadence Allegro Advanced Package designer-APD (*.mcm)
- Downstream Cam350 (*.cam , *.gbr, odb++)
- Autocad – Mechanical (*.dwg, *.dxf)
- Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS- Schematics-Netlist Translation (*.dsn)
- GDSII viewers and translation (*.gds)
Within the above tools, we have our internally developed customization tools to facilitate improved design accuracy, better design tool integration with our analysis tools and reduced overall design cycle-time.
We have a wide range of IC package and module design experiences related to following applications:
- FBGA (face-up and face-down)
- Memory Card Modules e.g. SD Cards, MMC, miniSD, etc.
- Broadband and Communication IC Packages e.g. FBGA, QFP
- Wireless, RF packages e.g. QFN, FBGA
- Mixed Signals packages e.g. FBGA, QFP , flipchip BGA
- Analog and Standard logic packages e.g. QFN, DFN