UTAC is a world leader in integrated circuits testing with more than 1,600 installed testers and a team of more than 300 experienced test engineers. Among full-service assembly and test providers, our test percent of revenue is the highest in the industry.
UTAC has wafer sort and final test capability in every factory location to provide a full-turnkey product flow.
We have extensive experience and capability to support all semiconductor device types including analog, mixed signal, logic, memory, CMOS image sensors, accelerometer MEMS sensors, radio frequency (RF) for radar, near field communications (NFC) and other RFID devices.
Our test solutions include wafer probe (ambient, hot and cold), security black box wafer level encryption, final test, O/S test, reliability testing and failure analysis.
Additionally, we have a centralized test development team providing development services to customers worldwide. Our test development engineers work closely with customers to reduce costs and streamline process flows by ensuring test programs are optimized with the most effective test coverage and enable the shortest test times.
At UTAC, the end-market applications we support, via our customers, include:
- Provide full turnkey and test solution for Logic, Mixed-signal, RF, Linear & Memory semiconductor testing.
- Provide technical recommendation, planning and cost management solutions.
- Develop test hardware & program up 3.6Ghz RF probing & 5.2Ghz for final test.
- Perform device correlation & characterization. ( Please refer to Characterization )
- Include program offload to UTAC production facility.
Click the following to learn more.
- Provide test solution up to 300mm – Fine pitch & micro bumped wafers.
- Developed probe card solution for DC to Full RF probing – Membrance, co-axial, blade & fine pitch probe card.
- Provide high multisites testing solution – conversion from single to multisites.
- Various type of wafersorting interface solution – performance & cost.
- Provide development solutions for a wide range of devices including: Logic, Mixed-signal, RF, Linear & Memory semiconductor testing.
- Develop high, multi-site testing capability on a variety of devices, including RF.
- First silicon design test solutions for all end product applications, including: WIFI, WiMax, HDMI, Serdes, Ethernet, MP3/4, Games, Graphics, processor & controller.
- Deliver test conversion solutions which aid in improving test yield, reducing cost and increasing throughput.
- Experienced engineering team provides solutions for diverse tester/handler interface.
UTAC Test Development Service
1. Provide advance Test Development Services
- Provide Testing Engineering solution for Analog, Logic Memory, Mixed-Signal, RF and MEMS products for world-wide customer base.
- Developing Testing solution for new prototype Silicon Design.
- Improving program test time, test yield and recommending new test methodology.
- Assist Test cost reduction:
(a) Provide single to multi-sites program conversion
(b) Migration test program to lower cost platform
2. Developed and Converted > 500 test programs on varies test platforms.
3. Dedicated Test Development engineering group, supporting all UTAC factories in Singapore, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Malaysia & Indonesia.
Key Test Development Engineering Services
- Mobile PA & Switch (LTE, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE)
- RF FEM (WiMax, WIFI, Bluetooth)
- DMB, ISDB-T, CMMB, ZigBee & Satellite receiver
- Deliver Quad sites Final Test solution @13.5GHz
- Develop up to 6 GHz Multisite wafer-probing
Mixed Signal Logic and Analog
- Products: SERDES, SATA, Gigabit Ethernet, Storage, Graphics, Multimedia, USB, Firewire, Telecom, Power management, Automotive, ADSL, North/South Bridges, Controller & Flash, Codec, NFC, Protection.
- Up to 16/32 sites testing. (128 sites for MEMs)
- Support Device Characterization at cold, room & hot for automotive requirement.
- Design Test Hardware. – Fixtures, sockets, probe cards, Change-kits
- Translate CAE pattern files (eVCD & WGL)
Characterization / Sample production
- Support reliability, burn in, HTOL, HTOS services.
- Silicon characterization include corner wafers & engineering sample.
- Pilot production lots, determine/improving yield and test stability.
- Provide rental engineering tester hours.